This book has been on my mind for the past few months. It's an ex-library book. The text block was moth eaten, but the boards were in good shape. After I removed all the library stickers, tape and markings, I gave the boards a light washing with a rag just dampened with a weak solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and buffed it dry. Then I added the painted canvas spine and three signatures of plain white light weight card stock. The wrong card stock. The kind that rips easily on a fold. The first and last signatures were fine when I reinforced them with tape. Bravo! I lost the middle signature completely. Boo!
Now what do I do? I asked that question for about a week, then put the book away. It has been a few months now, and every once in awhile I'd take the book out of it's cabinet, look at it, strain my brain for inspiration, then put it back on the shelf.
The inspiration came today! And I'm not going to share it with you until it's finished. I'm working on it right now. It's going to need at least one practice run, and possibly a special printing to resize it. When it's in place, tomorrow probably, I'll unveil it! I'm really excited about this, so keep your fingers crossed for me that it works as well as I hope it will!
My BBF Rosie knows what I'm planning. At least I sent her an email. OK Ro....no sharing here. It's got to be kept secret until it's finished....
So this is what I've done with day 22 of Traci Bunkers 30 Days Of Get Your Art On. I'm so jazzed about this! My mojo has returned!